Thursday, November 18, 2010

Teacher Writer

I have retired from sitting in the Rubber Room doing nothing.  However, I am still a teacher.  You can take the teacher out of the classroom, but you can't take the teaching out of the teacher.  Yesterday was my first day as a full-time writer who tells the individual stories of teachers who have been persecuted under Bloomberg's Teacher Witch Hunt.

I am particularly interested in stories involving a child who has been encouraged by administrators and/or investigators to give false testimony against a teacher. 

As a teacher, I know that the story is a powerful format.  People remember facts from stories better than they would if the facts had been presented in essay or journalistic form. 

As a writer, I am a novice, but I'm not asking to be paid while I learn like some people I won't mention.  The stories that I will be writing will be offered under Creative Commons.  That means that you can use them, and even retell them in your own words, as long as you acknowledge their source. 

I want these stories told over and over again.  I want books written, plays produced, movies made for many years to come. 

If you want me to help tell your story, you can contact me by leaving a comment on this blog marked "Please do not publish".  Comments don't appear automatically after you write them.  I read them first to filter the spam.  You can also send an e-mail to  untamedteacher@gmail.com.  You do not have to be a teacher to contact me. 

No comments: