Friday, November 19, 2010

Retirement Good Wishes From Principal P.

As you all know, I was instructed by the UFT to contact my payroll secretary for all aspects of my timekeeping including the filing of my final entitlement form.  At first, the payroll secretary and the principal said that they were not responsible.  But it appears that they are.  

So then, I put in my retirement papers on November 15 at  9:00 AM with a final retirement date of November 17.  On November 15  I also notified Principal P. and the Director of Human Resources at my job site that I was retiring as of November 17.  "As of November 17" means that at 12:01 AM on November 17, 2010, I would no longer be working for  Bloomberg's Department of Education--I asked about that. Technically I could have retired as of November 16, but I wanted to make sure that I was giving more than the minimum notice (one business day).

Today I checked my doe email, which is, surprisingly, still functioning.  My payroll secretary had called asking for proof of my retirement.  I found this love note from Principal P., who I think deserves to be baptized with a new name (my invention).  Principal P. will now be known as Principal Perry until I choose to give her correct name.


November 17, 2010,  7:04 PM


Hello Ms. Untamed,

I do understand that you are trying to retire but since we are not in receipt of the proper paperwork, please find attached  a summons to disciplinary meeting. The meeting is scheduled for  Friday, November 19, 2010 at 3 p.m.


Thank  you


Principal Perry
IS 666
My Neighborhood, Queens NY

Attachement:


Moriah Untamed
IS 666
Teacher
File # 123456

Dear Ms. Untamed,

I have been advised that you are retiring but we do not have the necessary paperwork. Therefore, I have scheduled an appointment for you to meet with me in my office on November 19, 2010 at 3 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the report of the Special Commissioner of Investigation which concludes that you made inappropriate statements to a student and you did attempt to tamper with both a verbal abuse and corporal punishment investigation.

Because this conference may lead to disciplinary action, you may bring a union representative.


Sincerely,

Principal Perry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL *sarcasm"

My principal gave me a wonderful greeting as well when I reported back to school 2 weeks after my termination (I was terminated as a probationary teacher but the superintendent rescinded the termination and placed me back in the school library). 2 hours after I arrived to the library, I receive a letter about how I need to have a meeting that could lead to disciplinary action, the day before Christmas vacation. My district UFT representative took care of that one for me.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Can't even comment on this one.