Friday, October 7, 2011

How to Save Capitalism

I happen to think that capitalism and the for-profit mentality that it represents is destroying the world, but, I listen closely to those who don't think the way I do.

After the 2008 crash I looked around on the internet for anyone who publicly predicted it and was laughed at until the crash actually happened. There were four or five--mostly traders. Peter Schiff was one of those people. In the following video, he blames government regulations and spending for the state of the economy, and he outlines the way he thinks that we might be able to bring the economy back from the brink of disaster (if it isn't too late already).

I agree that if we want to save capitalism, we should get on board with Schiff's plan. However, I would also ask: Do we really want to save capitalism?

No comments: