Monday, February 27, 2012

Occupy Teacher Ratings - Day 2

I started looking at the teacher ratings yesterday, and I had to stop because I got a headache.

It was a headache like so many others that I suffered while I was being tortured by Slave Brain Principle S.T. and the rest of the Bloomborg in my school.

The earliest ratings that are available are from 2007-2008.  I still have the year book from that year.  My memory has mercifully fogged over the names and faces of the Math and English-Language-Arts teachers, but now they are clearly smiling out from the year book.

On the published lists, teachers' names have been organized alphabetically so that you will have a hard time comparing teachers in the same school unless you have a year book or some other way of getting a list of teachers' names and the subjects they have taught. 

This is all about the individual teacher:  Not about the school or the neighborhood.  Scroll down and one by one you will find the teachers, isolated from their communities, next to the numbers that are supposed to define them.

It is also just about two subject areas--Math and English-Language-Arts.  You won't find my name, because I was a science teacher.  You won't find many other names.    Social Studies, Art, Music, Computer, ESL, Speech, Guidance, and many more are not there.

I have distanced myself from the woes of the world of NYC public education because of the anger and pain that I associate with it.  I know that by doing so, I have given Bloomberg a small victory, but sometimes a small victory for your enemy can be a large victory for yourself.

I was...am angry at everyone associated with my suffering--including the other teachers in my school, not to mention the other teachers citywide.  My feeling about these published ratings?  It serves you right!  If you hadn't allowed Slave Brain S.T. to isolate and torture me, you wouldn't be publicly humiliated right now.  Learn your lesson.  An Injury To One Is An Injury To All.  Assholes.

But...

This still isn't right on so many countless levels, so I will be Occupying teacher ratings for a while.  Now that they are out, and there's nothing you can do about it -- use them, flip them, make the Bloomborg sorry it ever thought about publishing them.

An Injury To One, Is An Injury to All.  Make the Creeps sorry!  Make them very sorry!

Armed and Ready!

No comments: