December 20, 2007
As you well know, the events of Friday, December 14, 2007 occurred as follows:
1. During science class in room 327, Randy R of class 8B asked to go to the bathroom. As he was leaving the room, a condom full of liquid fell out of one of his pant legs.
2. I called for security staff who responded immediately and took Randy R. out of the class.
3. I called the custodian who came immediately and cleaned up a cloudy white liquid from under Randy R.'s chair and along the aisle where he had walked.
4. I informed you immediately of the incident as soon as the class was over.
5. I called the mother, Ms. R., informed her of her son’s behavior, and asked her to consult her husband and then call me so that we could set up an appointment for both parents to meet with a counselor and with me.
I made no unprofessional statements, but behaved in an absolutely calm, professional manner throughout the whole affair. My response and the quick response of security and custodial staff meant that the rest of the students went on with their studies quietly.
No one behaved badly during this affair except Randy R.
As you well know, the actions of Randy R. constitute sexual harassment against me and all other females in the classroom. I had not intended to file sexual harassment charges against Randy. I felt that Randy was exhibiting inappropriate behavior that might be a call for help. I was waiting for his parents to meet with a counselor to decide what was best for Randy.
However, due to the fact that allegations have been lodged against me, I have changed my mind. If your intent was to intimidate me into silence, your letter has had the opposite effect.
I am formally lodging a complaint of sexual harassment against me and the underage females in the class on that day.
I am formally lodging a grievance against the administration of I.S. 666 for trying to intimidate me in an attempt to cover up a case of sexual harassment so that the SCHOOL REPORT CARD GRADE will not go down.
December 20, 2007