Friday, February 7, 2014

Five Dollars



"We're collecting for Mr. Pervert's defense.  Could you spare five dollars?"
"I'll give you ten dollars toward psychological treatment, but I won't give toward his defense because I think he's guilty."
"Why do you think he's guilty?  Kids lie all the time."
"I heard that he had a relationship with a former student and got her pregnant while she was still under age.  Is that true?
Mr. Pervert's supporter turned and left without a word.
So they did know, and they let him get away with it until he did it again and got caught.


I realize that I could have spoken with more compassion and diplomacy and with less judgement and censure.  If I could go back in time, I would give the five dollars and shut up...  On second thought, I  would probably say exactly the same thing.  My whole blog is a reflection of what could be seen as the fatal character flaw of someone who speaks her mind with little regard for the consequences.

So what were the consequences?




No comments: