· The City has a $3.1 billion surplus
· Tax revenues are up $2 billion
· The City has lost 5,000 teachers in the last two years
· Class sizes have been skyrocketing; programs and services have been slashed
· Mayor Bloomberg is playing political games at the expense of our children!
Michael Mulgrew, President
United Federation of Teachers
Protect our children, protect our schools. Join Michael Mulgrew and other education advocates in our fight to stop layoffs. Parents, Educators, Politicians and Community Members
LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!
TO SAVE OUR SCHOOLS
Date: Thursday, April 14, 2011
Time: 4:30 PM
Place: Queens Borough Hall
120-55 Queens BoulevardKew Gardens, NY 11424
Sponsored by the UFT’S Queens Borough Office