Friday, March 11, 2011

Solidarity With Wisconsin

Date:
Friday, March 11, 2011 - 2:00pm

Location:
City Hall (Broadway entrance), Lower Manhattan, 4,5, or 6 Train to Brooklyn Bridge

I think it is important to get out on the street as soon as possible. Yes, I know it's going to be raining tomorrow, but I have rain gear. It might be cold, but I have gloves and hoody. The students - not the adults - the S-T-U-D-E-N-T-S of Madison have called for a Nationwide, that's N-A-T-I-O-N-W-I-D-E demonstration of solidarity tomorrow at 2:00 PM local time. I have e-mailed and called around and have not been able to find any other organization planning a protest at the time they called for except, courtesy of the Activist Calendar (see my links), the Freedom Party, whoever they are. I was actually thinking of just going out all by myself and walking up and down my block. But this is probably better.

Other people have been much better at showing up at PEP meetings and have organized demonstrations that I have not gone to, so I am not reproaching anybody who doesn't show up. However, there is such a thing as seizing the moment.

They asked for 2:00 PM. I'll be out out on the street with a sign.

Contact:
Freedom Party HQ (718) 398-1766

Friday, March 11, 2011 at 2:00PM
New York Workers, Community, & Student Unity

City Hall
(Broadway Entrance)
Downtown, NYC
4,5, or 6 Train to Brooklyn Bridge

Workers are under attack!
Wisconsin today, New York tomorrow!
IT IS TIME TO FIGHT BACK & WORK TOGETHER
Bring "Wisconsin" Signs

For more information call Freedom Party HQ (718) 398-1766

Now I have to figure out how to make a waterproof sign.

No comments: